Do you seem to snack way more than you should? When you snack, are you eating unhealthy foods? Think about these things. If you are saying yes to either of these questions, you need to stop snacking. Well, you can still have your planned snacks. The healthy planned snacks are needed so you don’t overeat at meals. What can you do if you need to stop snacking? The first thing to do is try to make a list of things you enjoy or that will keep you busy. Most of the time if you are having snacks that are not planned it is because you are bored. This is not healthy for you. So, what can you do instead of snacking?
What are some of the things you can do instead of snacking?
Snacking is an essential part of any weight loss plan. However, your snacks should be healthy and they should be limited to certain times as well. Eating random snacks is not going to help you lose weight. If you are snacking randomly because you are bored, there are some other things you should be doing instead. Some of these other things you should do include the following:
- You can play a game online, on your phone or with others.
- Make a list of things you need to do or buy and get at least one of those things done.
- Finish something that you had previously began.
- Read a magazine or weight loss articles.
- Get caught up on important emails or delete junk emails.
- Watch a movie you haven’t seen in a long time.
- Do any sort of exercise (jumping jacks, push-ups, sit-ups, running or anything else to keep yourself occupied).
- Make sure your food journal is updated.
- Create a menu plan for future meals.
- Go to the park or a museum.
- Eat a peppermint or another type of mint.
- Add a new exercise to your exercise plan and try it right now.
- Search for new workout or exercise routines that you might want to try.
- Read a motivational book about weight loss.
These are some of the things that you should be doing when you want to snack but you shouldn’t be snacking. Snacking when it is unplanned will cause you to gain weight. Even if you are trying to pick out a healthy snack, if you pick out too many snacks throughout the day that is going to throw everything off in your weight loss plan.
Don’t let snacking get off track. Keep them limited and make sure you are only eating them as scheduled. You should have a late morning snack, a late afternoon snack and a snack about an hour before you go to bed as well. These are the only snacks you should have. If you must eat another snack make it very small and make sure you plan it into your weight loss meal plan each day.